This policy does not apply to information exchanged on private sections of the FHLBNY’s website that require a password to access, including FHLBNY Internet banking services. Your use of those private sections, and the treatment of information exchanged therein, is governed by the relevant agreements between you and the FHLBNY. If you would like information about the services available through the private portions of our website, please contact your FHLBNY Relationship Manager at (212) 441-6700.
2. Notification of Revisions
- The term “you”applies to users of the public portions of our website.
- “Personally Identifiable Information” is information that tells us sensitive, non-public information regarding individuals, such as a person’s social security number, bank account number and certain financial information.
- “User Information” means all Personally Identifiable Information and any other forms of information supplied by you through the website, such as your e-mail address, your street address or the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer.
4. Information We Collect and How We Use It
When using our public website, you may be able to request specific information about programs or services offered by the FHLBNY, or sign up for seminars provided by the FHLBNY. In choosing these options, you may provide us with User Information that we will then use to send you the requested information, or enroll you in the requested seminar. We may also use such information to send you additional marketing and informational materials about our programs, services and products. The FHLBNY may disclose to third parties User Information that does not constitute Personally Identifiable Information.
We will not share any Personally Identifiable Information with third parties that may be received by the FHLBNY, except as may be permitted by law. Those permitted exceptions include, for example, disclosures (i) to protect the confidentiality or security of your records; (ii) to our attorneys, accountants, auditors or other third parties providing services to the FHLBNY; (iii) to law enforcement or other government officials or agencies, including, but not limited to, our Federal regulators; (iv) to consumer reporting agencies; or (v) in connection with a sale, reorganization or merger of the FHLBNY. We will require third parties to whom we disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to take measures to keep that information confidential. We will also maintain various measures designed to protect such information.
5. Third-Party Websites