Community Lending Programs
Community Lending Programs (CLP)
Important Announcement for CLP Users
The FHLBNY will launch an online System for our Community Lending Programs (CLP) on Monday, September 27, 2021. This launch is part of the continued effort to enhance and strengthen our online capabilities to better serve our members.
Members can take advantage of our Community Lending Programs to gain access to a reliable source of funding for projects that create housing, improve business districts, and strengthen neighborhoods.
The suite of CLP programs includes:
Members may submit a CLP application along with the corresponding loan pool qualification worksheet (located within the CLP Application).
Benefits of CLP
- Flexible funding structures at favorable rates and terms
- Access to low-cost funds at favorable terms for the end loan recipient
- Simple application process — members can apply for a project- or program-specific commitment
- Responsive commitment process — the member controls the funding
- Upfront transactions — no hidden penalties
Eligible Uses for CLP Funds
FHLBNY’s secure online System designed just for CLP Users.
CLP System Guide
Use a CIP Advance or CIP L/C to:
Finance housing for families or individuals with incomes at 115% or less of the area median income
Use a UDA to:
Finance economic development projects in areas with a population greater than 25,000 that benefit families at or below 100% of the area median income
Use a RDA to:
Finance economic development projects in areas with a population of 25,000 or less that benefit families at or below 115% of the area median income
Eligible Lending Activity
- All loans within the submitted CLP Application must have closed within 90 days of receiving an advance from the FHLBNY.
- Once a CLP Application is approved, a commitment will be issued for up to 90 days, based on the oldest loan in the loan pool (e.g., 90 days – oldest loan in the loan pool).
- A member’s Maximum Borrowing Capacity is the lesser of 3% of Asset size or $100 million. Members may request an exception to the maximum up to $200 million per member. Exception requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- A member’s Minimum Borrowing Capacity is $25 million per member.
- Members may not borrow more than $100 million in each quarter.
- Advance tenors for CLP advances are restricted to one (1) to five (5) years.
- All FHLBNY credit conditions apply.
*Note: Applicable to CIP, UDA and RDA Program. See the Disaster Relief Program page for DRF related limits and advance tenors.
Each year the FHLBNY publishes its Targeted Community Lending Plan, which provides an overview of the developments in the district and describes how the Bank is responding to emerging challenges. The 2021 Targeted Community Lending Plan is now available.
See if the community development project you have in mind qualifies.
Contact a Member Services Desk Representative at (212) 441-6600 or (800) 546-5101, option 1, or a Relationship Manager at (212) 441-6700.
Apply for Community Lending Programs
Members must submit a fully completed CLP Application to apply (download the application below). Within the application, please be sure to provide the requested detail for each submitted loan.